Enhanced Movement Class
Enhance the way you live, move and stay fit with our Enhanced Movement Classes.
Enhance Physiotherapy’s Enhanced Movement is a fun, friendly and safe community exercise class, designed for all abilities to help you live longer, happier and independent lives. The class is suitable for all ages and all fitness levels, even if you don’t have a background in exercise. You can work at your own pace in a friendly supervised environment. Enhance Movement is run by an Accredited Exercise Physiologist, who uses their knowledge and experience to deliver a safe, effective and focused class tailored to meet your goals.
What does the Enhanced Movement Class involve?
- Warm up and Cool down either outside or inside of our clinic
- Aerobic and resistance exercises
- Strength and condition work within a gym environment
- Balance, proprioception, coordination, flexibility exercises
- Freedom to work by yourself, with a partner or as a group
What are the benefits of Enhanced Movement?
- Improve blood pressure
- Improve mental health
- Weight management
- Improve cholesterol
- Improve well-being and quality of life
- Improve sleep
- Improve balance
- Reduce the severity of chronic diseases
- Improve flexibility
- Assist in managing diabetes
- Improve bone health
- Prevent falls and injuries from falls
- Aid in exercise rehabilitation
- Increase your level of physical activity
- Assist in managing blood sugar levels
- Meet new people within the community
Enhanced Movement is open to everyone in the community of all backgrounds and conditions. The classes are designed for people with stable long-term health conditions including but not limiting to:
- Heart disease
- Lower back pain
- General pain and you want to start your fitness journey
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Cardiovascular disease
- Respiratory conditions
- Depression and anxiety
What to do/know before you start an Enhance Movement Class?
- Consult your health care professional prior to starting to ensure your doctor or medical professional has cleared you for exercise.
- You will complete a pre-exercise screening form either in the clinic or over the phone to ensure your safety.
- Exercise equipment is provided however you are more than welcome to bring your own.
- Call to book into the class, as numbers are kept to 8 people so the class is small to ensure your health, individual supervision and safety is a priority.
Get ready to Enhance Your Movement!